The Chamber Ambassadors welcome new businesses to Claremore with ribbon cuttings at new and expanding businesses. Ambassadors are key volunteers to the Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce. In addition to celebrating new businesses, they serve as greeters at Chamber events. The primary function of the Ambassadors is to communicate the Chamber’s mission, goals and programs to Chamber members and in the community to area businesses and business professionals.
What is a Chamber Ambassador?
The role of the Ambassadors Committee is to:
• Act as goodwill ambassadors for the Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce by officially welcoming and greeting out-of-town dignitaries, special guests, speakers, businessmen/women and individuals and groups involved in community and area events
• Promote goodwill, understanding and confidence in the Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce
• Assist the Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce in promoting Chamber of Commerce Membership
• Encourage and promote new businesses by staging ribbon-cuttings or other festivities; and
• Perform such other and further duties and functions as from time to time requested by the Board of Directors of the Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce.
For many years, the Ambassadors have provided a positive representation of the Chamber to its members. In addition to the above roles, Ambassadors are critical to the Chamber as they fulfill the following needs:
• Ambassadors serve as the “face of the Chamber” in the community and they are the welcoming committee and goodwill arm of the Chamber to the Chamber membership.
• Ambassadors, who not only represent the Chamber, but also their respective businesses, are able to discuss business and community issues with members in ways that create effective member communications and relations.
Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors:
Alisha Smith, BancFirst
Christy Wylie, American StaffCorp
Crystal Campbell, SWABO Properties
Jeff Howell, RCB Bank
Larry Rahmeier, Rahmeier & Sanbrano
Nancy Phelps, Light of Hope
Sara Moss, RCB Bank
Shelly Haire, Baker Hughes
Zach Oliver, Coldwell Banker Select
Mary Statton, MST Manufacturing